Friday, December 26, 2008

My First Post

So, sorry. I have been writing wv words, but just haven't had the time to think much about them lately. The day after Christmas is usually slow here at the office (esp. since it is 50 degrees in the middle of winter here), so here goes:

GRAPIP: Exclamation for when you lose your grip on something while you have a whole armload of things coming in from the car. USAGE: Oh grapip! Carson, will you grab these bags while I clean up the eggs all over the floor?

IVERSHIN: The opposite of aversion. USAGE: I have an invershin to pickled okra. I am in love with it even though others hate it!

SAILSAT: The test that those in the nautical world have to take in order to be certified to do nautical things. USAGE: Julie must have done really well on her sailsat because she has a great job writing for the shipping industry.

That's all for now, but I'll be back!

2 comments:

Molly said...

Love, love, love ivershin!
I have an ivershin to Christmas mince pies....

julochka said...

i have an invershin to herring. :-) but only with a nice shot of aquavit. :-)

excellent, amanda and well worth waiting for.

xoxox,
/j

and as for my sailsat, i did get a pretty good score. ;-)